PROGRAM DESIGN / MANAGEMENT
MaGrann Associates is a recognized leader in the design and development of residential new construction programs for utilities and states. We bring the unique perspective of our experience as residential energy engineers and Home Energy Rating and Training Providers to the program development process and management of independent rater markets – effectively supporting and monitoring participation to ensure savings and quality goals are met for all stakeholders.
With a strong focus on residential new construction, we know how to meet cost effectiveness challenges while promoting market transformation objectives across diverse interests: builders, developers, trade contractors, design professionals, program funders & regulators, financing agencies, sales professionals and, ultimately, homebuyers.
We are committed to program design that builds on solid building science to help ensure homes that deliver on the promise of both energy savings and higher performance – homes that the program sponsor, builder, and future occupants can all be proud of.
Our comprehensive approach typically includes:
- Technical requirements and incentive structures balanced to meet energy performance and budget objectives
- Administrative processes that are simple enough to remove entry barriers while capturing all essential data and ensuring integrity at every step
- Independent quality assurance on behalf of the program to monitor field performance of participants and identify training opportunities
- Tracking, reporting and incentive processing built on established systems but responsive to the unique needs of our program clients, regulators and stakeholders
- Training programs designed to grow the technical skills of participants, support ENERGY STAR and energy code updates, promote consumer awareness and help builders sell the benefits of program homes.
MaGrann Associates is a RESNET Accredited HERS Provider and Rating Training Provider and a partner in the delivery of Advanced Energy’s “Success with High Performance Homes” training system. We currently manage ENERGY STAR Homes programs for Ohio (AEP Ohio and Columbia Gas of Ohio) and Kentucky (Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities). While our primary focus is residential new construction, our experience also extends to complimentary programs such as HVAC and lighting/appliances, as well as multifamily assessment and retrofit, quality assurance and program design on a consulting basis.